Skip to Main Content
Bookmark and Share print small medium large 



Health PEI audiology services are located at the Sherwood Business Centre, 161 St. Peters Road, Charlottetown.  Services include:  

  • Hearing assessments for children and adults
  • Hearing aid services for clients up to twenty-one years of age
  • Central auditory testing 
  • In-services and workshops associated with healthy hearing

According to the Hearing Foundation of Canada, your child’s hearing should be checked if he or she:

  • Appears to have articulation problems or speech/language delays
  • Has difficulty locating sounds
  • Has difficulty understanding what people are saying
  • Watches others to imitate what they are doing
  • Responds inappropriately to questions
  • Doesn’t reply when you call him or her
  • Seems to speak differently than other children of the same age
  • Complains of earaches, ear pain, or head noises
  • Turns the TV volume to an excessively high level
  • Has academic or behavioural problems

According to the Hearing Foundation of Canada, as an adult, you should suspect a hearing loss if:

  • You find yourself continually asking people to repeat themselves
  • Your family or friends complain that you watch TV at a loud volume
  • Voices are unclear on the telephone
  • You find it difficult to understand speech in noisy situations
  • You find yourself straining to understand conversations in social settings or at work

How to access this service:
Requests for services can be made by calling (902) 368-5807.  Both self-referrals and professional referrals are accepted. 

Locations where this service is provided:
CHARLOTTETOWN Health PEI - Sherwood Business Centre, Charlottetown Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peters Road
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 7N8

T: (902) 368-5807
F: (902) 620-3195

image banner of links Emergency Numbers Walk-in Clinics Compliments and Complaints Find a Family Doctor Health Card Pharmacare Wait Times
back to top