In-Province Medical Services that are Insured Under the PEI Services Plan
The PEI Services Plan is designed to pay for the cost of most MEDICALLY REQUIRED physicians' services. Insured services include:
- Most physicians' services in the office, at the hospital or in the patient's home.
- Medically necessary surgical services, including the services of anaesthetists and surgical assistants where necessary.
- Obstetrical services, including pre-natal and post-natal care, new-born care or any complications of pregnancy such as miscarriage or caesarean section.
- Certain oral surgery procedures performed by an oral surgeon when it is medically required that they be performed in a hospital.
- Sterilization procedures, both female and male.
- Treatment of fractures and dislocations.
- Certain insured specialist services, when properly referred by an attending physician. (Some specialist services are not insured. See the Information under the "In-Province Medical Services that are Not Insured Under the PEI Services Plan".)
126 Douses Road
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
T: (902) 838-0900
Toll Free: 1-800-321-5492
F: (902) 838-0940