In-Province Medical Services that are Insured Under the PEI Services PlanThe PEI Services Plan is designed to pay for the cost of most MEDICALLY REQUIRED physicians' services. Insured services include:
- Most physicians' services in the office, at the hospital or in the patient's home.
- Medically necessary surgical services, including the services of anaesthetists and surgical assistants where necessary.
- Obstetrical services, including pre-natal and post-natal care, new-born care or any complications of pregnancy such as miscarriage or caesarean section.
- Certain oral surgery procedures performed by an oral surgeon when it is medically required that they be performed in a hospital.
- Sterilization procedures, both female and male.
- Treatment of fractures and dislocations.
- Certain insured specialist services, when properly referred by an attending physician. (Some specialist services are not insured. See the Information under the "In-Province Medical Services that are Not Insured Under the PEI Services Plan".)
126 Douses Road
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
T: (902) 838-0900
Toll Free: 1-800-321-5492
F: (902) 838-0940