aussi disponible en français
January 3, 2013
For immediate release
Western Hospital emergency hours temporarily limited
The emergency department at Western Hospital in Alberton will operate on a limited schedule for selected days this month – beginning tomorrow, January 4 – due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
The emergency department will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (closed overnight) on the following days: January 4, 5, 9-11, 16, 18, 19, 24, 26 and 29. The department also will be closed on January 13 for 24 hours, from 8 a.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning.
West Prince residents with urgent medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital or the Queen Elizabeth Hospital when:
• experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
• experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
• experiencing abdominal pain;
• experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
• an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
• a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
• a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4° F) or higher.
In non-urgent situations, all Islanders are encouraged to visit their family physician’s office or a walk-in clinic. Locations and hours are available at www.healthpei.ca/walkinclinics.